High-quality care for nerve conditions
Nerves make up one of the body’s most complex systems, and Riverview
Regional Medical Center provides an advanced multidisciplinary team approach
to deliver high-quality care. Nerve disorders can be caused by conditions
such as tumors, illnesses, diseases or injuries, or exposure to cold,
radiation or toxins.
Riverview Regional Medical Center’s highly specialized doctors have
the expertise and advanced technology to diagnose and treat a wide range
of nerve conditions, including:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral and autonomic nerve disorders
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
Treatment for nerve conditions
Riverview Regional Medical Center’s care team includes specialists
from a range of disciplines to provide comprehensive, patient-centered
care. Neurologists, neuromuscular medicine specialists and other specialized
clinicians utilize a variety of treatments to manage nerve conditions.
Multidisciplinary approaches include:
- Closer management of underlying conditions that cause the nerve condition
such as diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, autoimmune disorders or other
- Complementary techniques such as biofeedback, acupuncture and relaxation.
- Electrical nerve-stimulation techniques.
- Lifestyle changes such as dietary modifications, stress management or modification
- Medications to relieve pain and address other symptoms.
- Physical aids such as ergonomically designed chairs, keyboards and other
equipment to reduce nerve pressure.