Originally named Holy Name of Jesus Hospital, Riverview was founded in
1926 by the Sisters of the Missionary Servants of the Most Blessed Trinity,
a Catholic order established in Opelika, Alabama in the 1900s. In 1991,
the name was changed to Riverview Regional Medical Center. In 2015, Riverview
Regional was acquired by Prime Healthcare Services, a nationally renowned
healthcare system devoted to providing excellent care in community hospitals.
Learn more about
Prime Healthcare here.
Awards and Accolades
- Accredited by the Joint Commission, the nation’s most prestigious
healthcare accrediting organization, August 24, 2012.
- Riverview Sleep Lab accredited April 11. 2012
- Riverview EEG Lab accredited July 26, 2009; the only accredited adult lab
- Named 2011 Top Performers of Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission,
September 19, 2012.
- Laboratory Services received CAP Accreditation, February 24, 2012.
- Gadsden Endoscopy Center received State Full Certification, April 5, 2012.
- Riverview Imaging Center received State Accreditation, January 2012.
- Received 2011 Gadsden Beautification Award, September 2, 2011.
- State Full Certification received January 7, 2010.
Named Best Regional Hospital by
U. S. News & World Report.
- Received Leap Frog Grade A Award for Patient Safety.
- Earned Level 2-Progress Toward Excellence Quality Award from the University
of Alabama Productivity Center.
- Previously ranked #1 Hospital and #1 Cardiac Program.
In 2012, Riverview prepared 57,134 Manna meals to be delivered to the elderly,
homebound and disabled of our community.