Our volunteers - many of them former patients and employees - share their
time and talents in an effort to make our patients comfortable and their
stay pleasant. Our volunteers support our high standards of patient care.
Our volunteers are always ready to greet you with a smile and a word of
encouragement. Some of the services they provide are:
- Greeting you at the Out-Patient Center
- Staffing the information desk in the main hospital lobby
- Staffing the patient information phones
- Delivering mail to patient rooms
- Delivering magazines and coffee to the waiting rooms
- Transporting patients to treatment areas
- Transportation to and from the parking lot
For more information on joining our volunteer program, please phone Leslie
Morton, Director of Volunteers, at (256) 543-5866.
Share with others a priceless treasure - yourself.
"Once upon eternity, above the clouds so high,
There were some chosen angels who had no wings to fly
Their hands were make for helping
Their hearts were warm and happy and glowed as halos do!
So God sent down these angels
Because they were such dears
To spread their gentle love on earth
We call the Volunteers!"